Friday 18 November 2011

This is my speech for the year 12s leaving today


Tomato joke
There were three tomatoes walking down the road; A Mummy tomato, a Daddy tomato, and a baby tomato and the baby tomato was lagging behind ...

You guys dont know how much i will miss you
I have so many memories with you - some of them are funny and some of them are sad some of them funny and sad
I remember trying to keep up with kieran in cross country, form class in D2, no-outs soccer games on the junior campus oval, the day we got goals for futsal and my team putting them together, the worst camp ever with the bizare leader in the tree and the hail the size of a fist, being thrown in the pool by all of you and Robertson finally winning an interclan competition.
My fondest memories are from my first year at tsc with you guys in year 5. it is a different experience to have a class all day everyday as miss gilespie and mrs haines shipman will tell you. It makes you all very close (and a little insane)
we did slaves and masters, heaps of timestables and spelling, dissoling plastic, and buddy reading with the preps in mrs walkers class. We went from the squashed prep class to the massive classroom down the stairs.  We got to see wallabies out of the windows and we got trapped in the classroom during the bushfire because of the smoke.
But how much of this actually helped your OP? Id like to think some of things i did with all of you helped, but for me the most important test not one with letter results but your life. I hope that I have not only helped you work out your beliefs and demonstrated my own, but also shown you how important good relationships are.
There is a bible passage that talks about fire and seas (not the beach) and as you head off into the unknown i thought a bible verse might be appropriate. It talks about how no matter what challenges you face in life God is there for you so dont lose hope.
Isaiah 43:1-3 NIV
this is what the Lord says—
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour;

No comments:

Post a Comment